- 1 How To Update Kodi To Krypton 17.6
- 2 Kodi Update On Firestick (Step By Step Process)
Running on older version of Kodi on your Firestick?... Believe me, you're really missing some great features from the XBMC foundation. I was also using Kodi Jarvis 16.1 because, I used to comfortable with User-Interface of this version. Later, I decided to update Kodi to Krypton 17.6 because many excellent Kodi addons was not supporting on the earlier version of Kodi.
If you don't know how to update kodi to krypton 17.6 then please read this guide very carefully. If you don't do the same, you can loose your installed Kodi addons.
Also Read: How To Jailbreak Firestick Within 2 Minutes
How To Update Kodi To Krypton 17.6
We all know that, Kodi is an extremely popular media player software available for almost all the operating system. So, if you are planning to update kodi then you must know which tutorial you should follow.
Because, here I am guiding you the step by step process to update kodi on firestick/fire tv, Android smartphones, Android Tablets, Windows PC and Android TV Box.
Identify the appropriate tutorial for your device and follow the step by step process guided in the tutorial.
Kodi Update On Firestick (Step By Step Process)
There are multiple methods to perform Kodi update on Firestick. But, here I am listing only three easiest methods to update Kodi on Amazon Firestick. First, I'll opt the easiest method and then come to the complicated method. So, just choose which one is easiest for you and perform the steps.
Method #1- Update Kodi Using Android Installer (Easiest Method)
First we'll try the easiest method to install Kodi 17.6 on Firestick. Firestick is an Android powered operating system and we can update kodi on firestick using inbuilt Kodi Android installer.
Here are steps you need to follow to perform Kodi update for Firestick-
- Launch Firestick on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Applications and then select Manage Installed Applications.
- Scroll and choose Kodi from the list.
- Go to Add-ons option in Kodi.
- Select Package Installer (Box Shaped) button on left top corner.
- Select Install from Repository.
- Choose Kodi Add-Ons Repository by scrolling down.
- Go to Program Add-Ons.
- Look for Kodi Android Installer.
- Hit Install.
- Back to Kodi Add-Ons> Program Add-Ons and select Kodi Android Installer.
- You'll see multiple option but you have to select Releases.
- Now select Arm Kodi Release.
- Now choose Kodi-17.6-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk .
- Wait...Kodi update is under process and within a few seconds, your Firestick device will have downloaded Kodi Krypton 17.6 (latest version).
- Once download is finished, hit the install button to update Kodi to Krypton 17.6 on Firestick.
Boom!... Enjoy Kodi 17.6 (Krypton) on Amazon Firestick. Now, you'll be able to install all latest Kodi Addons which was not supported by the earlier version of Kodi Jarvis.
Method #2- How To Update Kodi On Firestick Using Sideloading (Easy Steps...)
Hey buddy, the first method was not good? Cool, here is another easiest method to update kodi on firestick but you need to have an Android smartphone which supports the latest version of Kodi.
Follow these steps to update kodi on firestick by sideloading-
- Connect Firestick device and your Android phone with same WiFi network.
- Launch Google Play Store on your Android phone and install Kodi Krypton directly. You can also install Kodi on Android phone by downloading Kodi Apk file package.
- Download Apps2Fire App from the Play Store and launch it.
- Go to Firestick Home and click on Settings > then Network> then Firestick IP address.
- Note down your Firestick IP Address somewhere.
- Launch Apps2Fire App on your Android phone and click on the Setup.
- Now enter your Firestick IP address which you noted in the previous step.
- Open Local Apps and look for Kodi.
- Press Install on Kodi from the Local Apps and wait.
- Your Firestick will install the latest version of Kodi Krypton within few seconds.
Head over to your Firestick device and find Kodi from the Apps list. Launch it and enjoy the latest version of Kodi on Firestick device.
Method #3- How To Update Kodi On Firestick Using ES File Explorer (My Favorite)
This is my favorite method to download any apps and install Apk files on Amazon Firestick. ES File Explorer is one of the immensely popular File Manager App for Android operating system. And here I'll take the help of ES File Explorer to update Kodi on Firestick.
Follow the exact steps mentioned below-
- Launch Amazon Firestick Home.
- Go to the Search option.
- Type ES File Explorer.
- Install this on your Firestick and launch it from the apps menu.
- Click on the Tools> Select Download Manager.
- Enter this address in Path: https://www.koditvz.com/download/kodi/
- Press OK.
- Name the Path as Kodi and select Download Now option.
- The downloading process of Kodi Krypton 17.6 has been started.
- Once downloading finishes, Open the file and press Install.
- Finish the installation.
- Back to Firestick Home & Enjoy latest version of Kodi on Firestick.